Tuesday, August 30, 2011

[The Corey Project] Finally ... jeez, it took long enough

This post has been way too long in coming.

Summers aren't good for diets. Or workout plans. Or anything healthy, for that matter. That's why it's taken me more than three months to get to this post.

I could blame it on the fact that I'm getting close to my normal weight and it's harder to drop pounds, but I don't think that's it. I've been going to a lot of cookouts and a lot of vacations. That means a lot more eating out and more fermented beverages. It also means less regular workouts and less regular weigh-ins.

The one thing I can say is that I never gained weight. I didn't lose it very quickly, but I didn't gain anything. And finally, on Saturday, I weighed in at 188 pounds, 60.4 pounds less than what I started.

Finally.

I'm hoping that August to November I will drop weight at a better weight. Last year, September and October were my best months because of the absence of distractions and holidays. This year should be similar. Fewer trips and no big holidays means I can stick to my diet and make sure I hit the gym five to six times a week.

When the weather finally cools down, I'd like to start a real running program with the goal of running in several 5Ks this winter. I'd also like to push my mileage up to the six-mile range, if possible.

Speaking of running, I finally got some real running shoes and it feels like I'm running on air. I don't know how I managed with the other ones for so long. It was a perfect birthday present from Courtney!

Brooks-ghost-3-300x238
The new shoes

A quick fun story: I am a groomsman in a good friend's wedding this weekend and was originally fitted for a tux back in January. I went back two weeks ago to get refitted, just in case. My jacket size was five sizes smaller, going from a 46 to a 41. The waist size changed slightly, too, but the jacket size was by far the most dramatic. If you ever want to feel good about your weight loss, get fitted for a tux twice. The lady was way too impressed and kept asking me how I had done it.

On another note, it figures that after I write a blog post about quitting cable and trying to blog more that I would go without posting for two months. Sorry about that. Summer gets crazy. Vacations (again), changes at work and I just moved into a new apartment a couple weeks ago, which was so eventful that I could write a series of posts about what not to do when moving. I'll try to get back on the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment